The vision and mission of Shared Blessings is to offer hope to the people of Gambia by sharing the love of Jesus through compassionate ministries.
Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: To continue to educate our students through 9th grade and continue to have a Christ-like influence in the future leaders of this nation.
Objective: We are planning to build another building in January 2013. The new building will provide three more classrooms for grades 7th, 8th, and 9th. The growth expectation is 90 additional students, bringing the full capacity to 360 students.
Goal 2: To raise the standard of living for families and communities in the Gambia by helping provide training in practical skills and ensuring that those skills translate into jobs.
Objective: To operate a skill center for economic development with courses that are in demand by people in the community and are designed to help students acquire marketable job skills. The school will also help its students become agents of change in a country that desperately needs new leadership. The school will provide a Christian foundation that encourages ethical practices and a commitment to selflessness while giving students the skills they need to influence the business and government sectors.
- Humbly submitted to Christ
- Pursuing partnerships with a spirit of cooperation
- Integrity and transparency
- Financial accountability
Being stationed in the Gambia in the last two years has enabled Sol and Manuela Bah to continue building solid relationships allowing the Bahs to expand their ability to readily share the gospel and reach more lost souls. Living, partnering and teaching alongside Shared Blessings’ Gambian staff has enabled the Bahs to identify local emerging leaders in order to bolster their knowledge of Christ. With increased teaching skills, leaders and teachers will have greater influence to reach the Lamin community.
The Gambian people appreciate the sincere and steadfast commitment of Shared Blessings to their community, so they do not hesitate to come to us seeking help and counsel. Our steadfast vision is to see the entire nation introduced to the knowledge of salvation through Jesus Christ.
Shared Blessings is organized and shall be operated exclusively for charitable, religious, educational purposes, including, for such purposes the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. In furtherance of these purposes, the purpose of Shared Blessings shall be to:
- Stimulate major voluntary financial support from friends, corporations, foundations, churches, and others for the sole benefit of mission purpose.
- Shared Blessings shall be responsible for the identification of potential donors, nurturing relationships, solicitation of gifts of cash, securities, real and intellectual property, and other forms of direct support; and the acknowledgement of gifts and all ongoing responsibilities related to such gifts.
- Shared Blessings shall receive, invest and administer funds, subject to such restrictions as have been imposed by the donor thereof on the use of the principal and income of such funds.
- Conduct such other activities and/or business for all other purposes that may be lawfully carried on or performed by a corporation formed under the Non-Profit Corporation Law of the State of Washington.